Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Turning off Procedure

hyortiz01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

We have 3 CUCM servers, one Publisher and two subscribers. The Publisher and one subscriber are installed on one UCS and the other Subscriber is installed in another one UCS. We are about to upgrade the firmware on both UCS:, so; we need to turn them both. My question would be: Which would be the correct turning off procedure?, which one would go first, The Publisher, the subscribers or there are no differences, Thanks a lot for your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to turn any of them off in any order.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

+5 to Roger.

I would add that unless you have a total outage planned, you want to ensure that your phones have the ability to register to both subscribers.  This should be a given, but I have run into situations where this requirement was not understood taking one subscriber down took down locations because the phones were not setup to fail over to the other subscriber.  Outside of that, order is irrelevant.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You should be able to turn any of them off in any order.

Response Signature

+5 to Roger.

I would add that unless you have a total outage planned, you want to ensure that your phones have the ability to register to both subscribers.  This should be a given, but I have run into situations where this requirement was not understood taking one subscriber down took down locations because the phones were not setup to fail over to the other subscriber.  Outside of that, order is irrelevant.

Good point Mark (+5)

Response Signature

hyortiz01
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot Roger and Mark