cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM, Unity, Presence 9.x to 11.x Upgrade Questions

Mike McWethy
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to attempt my first ever CUCM, Unity, and Presence upgrade. I am currently running 9.x and want to upgrade to 11.x. My environment is as follows: I have two UC220 servers running VMWare 5.1. I have a CUCM, Unity, and Presence server running on each for redundancy. Because I have two servers, do I need to order two "upgrade" kits or just one of each application? Do I need a single license or multiple? I'd think I'd need multiple licenses, but this is the first time I have ever done this upgrade and I am not 100% sure. I want to make sure I get what I need and nothing more. If anyone in the "community" has done this upgrade, Id like to hear any suggestions you may have or any references you may have used to help with your upgrade process.

Thanks for any help. 

Mike

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like you are going through PUT, simply select the maximum counts for all the upgrade options for your applications.

As to the actual upgrade make sure you look into Primate Collaboration Deployment (PCD) application which allows you to streamline the upgrade effort.

Thanks, Chris. I am going thru PUT and it showed I had 6 available, but that didnt make much sense to me. So, I backed out and posted the question here as I am really not wanting to involve any consultant on this project. I will take your advice and I will look into the PCD application. Thanks again.

It won't hurt getting more as I am assuming you are requesting e-licenses, for which you'll receive links to PAK/media within 1 day.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!