Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade 7.1.5 to 10

Cisco Kbsl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are planing to do a 4 server CUCM upgrade (physical to  VM) from ver 7.1.5 to ver 10. Below is the plan

- Upgrade the CUCM on current MCS servers to ver 9 (bridge upgrade) and take a DRS backup

- Install CUCM ver 9 on VM and perform the backup restoration

- Then upgrade to CUCM ver 10 

I have one question on this. After I have done the bridge-upgrade on current MCS servers is it still possible to switch-version the CUCM and get CUCM back to ver 7.1.5?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, Cisco Kbsl. 

Upgrading to CUCM ver 9 before 10 is indeed the right path. However, may I know what specific reason you need to downgrade back to 7.1.5? Is this for your own company's CUCM or for a client as well?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

H Adawa,

Thanks for your kind response

This is for our client. Reason is to minimize the downtime. What I planned is, upgrade CUCM to 9 (bridge upgrade)  and take the DRS backup the revert back the system to 7.1 and put it in production

Thanks

When you initiate the upgrade, you can indicate to activate the partition with the new upgrade software or return to using the partition with the previous version of the software at upgrade completion. With the exception of HP 7825H3 and HP7828H3 hardware upgrades, the previous software remains in the inactive partition until the next upgrade. Your configuration information migrates automatically to the upgraded version in the active partition.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/9_1_1/CUCM_BK_UAEC4331_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-91/CUCM_BK_UAEC4331_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-91_chapter_01.html#CUCM_RF_S5
600AEB_00

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

Thanks for information

So with our hardware MCS7835I2 we will be able switch back to CUCM 7.1.5 and put the server in production?

Thanks

Based on the link above, you should be able to do so.

Manish

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I recommend doing the upgrade through PCD where the physical servers keep running the old version,  check out the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/ucmapMigrate/10_5_1/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051/CUCM_BK_M24251C0_00_migrate-procedure-for-cucm_1051_chapter_00.html

Thank you,

Shadi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: