cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade from 8.6 to 10.5

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I obtained CUCM 10.5 upgrade DVDs from Cisco that I had ordered through PUT. When I tried to run the install/upgrade, I got the following errors. The DVD is brand new and I am using it first time. The DVD is in my local PC and mounted to the VM for the CUCM 8.6 server I am trying to upgrade. What should I do now? Thank you. ~Khanal

FileUCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_10.5.1.10000-7.sgn.iso
Directory/
Download Status
Download Status Warning Error encountered: The selected file is not valid. MD5 Hash Value: -
9 Replies 9

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There could be a problem either in file [may be media is corrupt].Did u verify the MD5 checksum?

it should be f802b5aeb4fe5230315aff6d3ef4628a.

You can also try downloading the fileagain  from  http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=285963825&flowid=50402&softwareid=282074295&release=10.5(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

regds,

aman

Thank you for taking time to respond to my question.

~ Khanla

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I figured I had to install ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn file before I could run the actual upgrade.

Thanks

I had the same error, and your information helped me solving.

Thank you

Can you please me confirm that the upgrade from 8.6 to 10.5 is a standard upgrade in the inactive partition without loss of service (not refresh upgrade)?

Thank you

Giovanni

Hi,

I had the same problem and your post helped me to resolve the it. Thank you very much for this post.

Thank you,

Vaijanath

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Installing ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn would resolve this issue but I think this is actually happening because of installing an unrestricted version to a restricted version.

As in your installation file name you an see it has UNREST means unrestricted and I guess you have cucm restricted version installed. If you would still go ahead after installing ciscocm.version3-keys.cop.sgn file it will change few things e.g. encryption etc.

Thanks

Syed

THANKS !!!!

I had the same issue today upgrading from 9.1 to 11.X

Thanks for your help

Enrique

Thank you for infomation. I solved it.

Thanks for this post.  Same issue - same resolution as posted 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: