cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm upgrade from 9.1 to 9.1.2

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a cucm 9.1.1 and uccx 8.5 , i need to upgrade from cucm 9.1.1 to 9.1.2 su(6) , please help me with the following:

1-i believe i need to mount the upgrade ISO on my cucm VM dvd-rom then upgrade from it , correct?

2-can i move directly from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2 su(6)

3-do i need to install them on both sub and pub at the same time ? can i restart the pub wait for it to come completely up then restart the sub or do i need also to restart them both at the same time?

4-will the cucm upgrade still work with uccx 8.5?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can assure you all the upgrade guides have always contained the information for cluster upgrades, I'm looking at the 9.1 guide right now, and there is a section on upgrading a cluster.

When you upgrade a cluster, start by upgrading the publisher node. You can begin upgrading subsequent nodes in parallel after the publisher node reaches a specified point in the upgrade. There will be a temporary node outage until all subscriber nodes get upgraded to the new software version. See the section Upgrade a cluster for more information about determining when to begin upgrading subsequent nodes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no 9.2 release, there is 9.1(2), might want to take another look into what version you really want to upgrade to.

1 Either upload the ISO to the VM or use SFTP

2 Start by finding out the actual version

3 The whole procedure is outlined in the upgrade guide, if you haven't, that is mandatory reading, and will contain everything you need to know. Also review the README from the ISO, and the RN from the specific version you want to upgrade to.

4 Review the UCCX compatibility matrix

FYI, 9.x is going EOS/EOL on Dec 31st, I'd re-consider that upgrade and plan a 11.5 upgrade at the very least

HTH

java

sorry I meant 9.1.2 , the problem all guides are for refresh upgrade there is barely any details for standard upgrade and no details for situation with a pub and sub , also the uccx 8.5 compatibility matrix is removed only starting from uccx 9 is available

I can assure you all the upgrade guides have always contained the information for cluster upgrades, I'm looking at the 9.1 guide right now, and there is a section on upgrading a cluster.

When you upgrade a cluster, start by upgrading the publisher node. You can begin upgrading subsequent nodes in parallel after the publisher node reaches a specified point in the upgrade. There will be a temporary node outage until all subscriber nodes get upgraded to the new software version. See the section Upgrade a cluster for more information about determining when to begin upgrading subsequent nodes.

HTH

java

so while im upgrading the pub and the sub is still online , the phone wont go down? also the moment i start upgrading the sub is when the pub went up with the new version and all services are up , correct?

please can any expert correct me in my planned steps:
1-first i upgrade the pub wait for it to finish but not switch over to the new version
2-then i upgrade the secondary wait for it to finish without switching over to the new version
3-i switch over and restart the pub and wait for it for 40 minutes to fully come up
4-then i switch over the sub
during all steps the phones wont come down correct?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: