Replies

CUCM Upgrade Licensing

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I need upgrade license for CUCM.

Let me describe the scenario.

We have four sites i.e Dammam, Jeddah, India and Eygpt. These sites are running on CUCM 9.0 version.

We need to upgrade these 4  CUCM servers from existing 9.0 version to 10.5

Kindly find attached screen shoots for each site ELM Licensing Manager for your consideration.

Please guide me that  what sort of licenses do i require to upgrade these 4 sites. (i mean the part numbers or data sheets to help me build the BoQ)

Regards,

Malik

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to contact licensing@cisco.com for the upgrade licenses. Also, as per the cucm 10.x upgrade guide "Apply all pre-9.0 licenses to Cisco Unified Communications Manager before you upgrade to Release 9.0 or later software. After you upgrade to Release 9.0 or later software, you cannot apply these licenses to Cisco Unified Communications Manager and you cannot apply them using the Cisco Prime License Manager. Ensure that you install all unused licenses or Product Authorization Keys (PAKs) before you upgrade the system. The Cisco Unified Communications Manager displays a warning to prompt you to install any unused licenses before proceeding"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100_chapter_011.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

View solution in original post

In addition to what Manish has said[+5] , if u have  a UCSS/SWSS contract, place the order through PUT [Product Upgrade Tool] so that u can get entitlement for latest CUCM upgrades along .You need to share the SO number [after u place order through PUT with licensing team]  to get PLM  licenses .

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to contact licensing@cisco.com for the upgrade licenses. Also, as per the cucm 10.x upgrade guide "Apply all pre-9.0 licenses to Cisco Unified Communications Manager before you upgrade to Release 9.0 or later software. After you upgrade to Release 9.0 or later software, you cannot apply these licenses to Cisco Unified Communications Manager and you cannot apply them using the Cisco Prime License Manager. Ensure that you install all unused licenses or Product Authorization Keys (PAKs) before you upgrade the system. The Cisco Unified Communications Manager displays a warning to prompt you to install any unused licenses before proceeding"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/10_0_1/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100/CUCM_BK_U4214F9D_00_upgrade-guide-cucm-100_chapter_011.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

In addition to what Manish has said[+5] , if u have  a UCSS/SWSS contract, place the order through PUT [Product Upgrade Tool] so that u can get entitlement for latest CUCM upgrades along .You need to share the SO number [after u place order through PUT with licensing team]  to get PLM  licenses .

regds,

aman

Hi Manish,

Thanks for your response. I have gone through the link you shared.

Actually at this stage my aim is to build the BoQ for the upgrade of the cucm.

Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

For BoQ you may engage your Cisco Account team, they can help with finding the team in Cisco which provides support for BoQ requests.

Manish