Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade with Geographically Distant PCD

Jason Ryan
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Title sums it up. I want to see what people's experience has been using PCD for upgrades on servers/cluster that are geographically distant. In my case, I'm looking to upgrade a 8.6.2 cluster to 10.5 but there is about 9500 miles of earth between the two. The connection is stable but slow (250ms+ latency).

Is this worth attempting? Would deploying a local PCD on the virtual infrastructure be worth the hassle or is manual upgrade the way to go?

I'm experience in CUCM so the manual process doesn't scare me too much, I just don't like editing VM files on a critical system in a site that so far away :)

Thanks

Jason Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I 250+ ms I would probably not risk it, I've done it with 100 ms or so and it worked fine, but 250 sounds like a stretch. I would spin up local PCD as it takes very little time to get it up and running and take the safer route.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I 250+ ms I would probably not risk it, I've done it with 100 ms or so and it worked fine, but 250 sounds like a stretch. I would spin up local PCD as it takes very little time to get it up and running and take the safer route.

Chris,

Simple enough solution! Thanks for the feedback!

Jason Ryan