Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade

zheepern0826
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I am going to upgrade my call manager from 11.5.1.10000-6 to 11.5(1)SU3a. I am downloading the latest iso file from cisco. The filename is UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.13901-3.sgn.iso

Based on the release notes, it seems is a Standard upgrade and no COP file required.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/SU3/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151su3.html

I believe we can use the Unified Communications OS Administration to upgrade but is I am not confident on the actual steps. Can anyone guide me ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution
2 Replies 2

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Yes, this is a minor upgrade no COP files required for this to work. Just simple OS admin procedure like installing firmware. Make sure if you have multiple CUCM server in cluster you follow below to minimize downtime.

1) Make sure at all time you have DRS backup.

2) Run the upgrade and dont do switch version, till the time all server are upgraded.

3) Always start with PUB and you can choose any order with SUB

4) Once all server are upgraded start doing switch-version from PUB first any order in SUB would be fine.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: