Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade

oosters-mario
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are hitting a bug in 12.5(1) SU3 that makes bulk export kinda useless (CSCvv67192). Bulk Export > 400 devices just fails and gets stuck (you need to restart the Bulk Provisioning Service to make it work again).

It should be resolved in SU4.

My 2 questions now :

Someone running 12.5(1) SU4 that can confirm that exports of like a 1000+ devices works again?

Anybody did an upgrade from SU3 to SU4? Did it work out fine or was it more like below reddit link??

https://www.reddit.com/r/ciscoUC/comments/mjapl6/cucm_upgrade_125_su3_to_su4_checking_for_valid/

I mean I don't like massive phoneproblems or TLS issues (that millor had from the reddit link)....

8 Replies 8

We have upgraded our pre-production and sandbox systems to SU4. We did not see any of the issues that is described in the post you shared. We normally nowadays use the new cluster upgrade option as it’s so slick to use.

Unfortunately we don’t have that many devices in this system for me to be able to help you with the verification of the bulk export issue.

Response Signature

Asper the Bug tool, known fix release shows SU4. 

I can try the upgrade on my lab this weekend and share more details. 

Response Signature

Santosh Mohite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you upgraded your clusters successfully? I am also advised by Cisco TAC to upgrade from 12.5 SU3 to SU4 to resolve the BAT issue.

Thanks,

Santosh

We run all our production CM and IMP systems on SU4 now and all CUC on SU5. If I where to recommend I’d go for SU5 across the board.

Response Signature

SU (5)  will be the best option.

Response Signature

Steven L
Spotlight
Spotlight

SU5 does not have the bug you describe. i agree with @Roger Kallberg ...SU5 across the board would be advisable.

Santosh Mohite
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you gentlemen for the response. I will now consider SU5 over SU4. I am also going to run pre-upgrade COP file for 12.5.

Is there any document that I can follow? I am not going to use cluser upgrade option as I have only a pub and sub.

Thanks

Santosh

Why not use the cluster upgrade? A pub and a sub is a cluster.

As with all upgrades the recommended reading would be release note, upgrade read-me, look at OVA for any differences and Upgrade and Migration guide.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: