cucm upgraded from 8.6 to 9.1 and now want to add uri dialing

acgarcia
Level 4
Level 4

Environment:

Upgraded 8.6.2 to 9.1

AD Sync users and authentication

Upgrade went well

I thought that with the upgrade the existing AD integration would bring over the Directory URI or give me the option to choose the Directory URI choices from the existing AD integration.  I went to the existing LDAP Directory integration and I can't choose to sync Directory URI with MSRTCP... or email.  I am forced to create a new LDAP directory so I can have the option to choose.  Fair enough I said... I will create another one pointing to the same AD.  I did that and then I was going to delete the old LDAP directory.  It gives me a warning that all users that were created with this LDAP integration will be deleted.  Yikes!!!

I'm stuck.  Should I sync the new LDAP directory with the URI (which is pointed to the same AD as the old one) then delete the old LDAP Directory?  Will my users stay intact?

1 Reply 1

acgarcia
Level 4
Level 4

I found a note in the documentation that expkained that MSRTCSIP... URI needs to be populated manualy or if the user was/is a Lync user it is populated automatically by Lync.  Easy fix was add all users as Lync users then delete users as Lync users and then the AD attribute stays populated.