cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM v8 on UCS - Additional node licenses?

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

We are doing a customer upgrade and rehost from CUCM v6 to CUCM v8 on UCS.  As part of the upgrade, we need to add two additional CUCM subscriber servers into the mix.

We are attemtping to figure out HOW we need to do this.  I've been told that we need to convert the existing licensing to UCL and then the node licenses are free.  However, customer already has PLENTY of extra DLU's on the system, and has purchased UCSS.  They aren't really going to go for buying more when they aren't using what they have.

I'm completely unclear what the options are here.  Do they have to convert to UCS?  If so WHAT is the path to do this?  I've gotten so much information (and I believe most of it is just plain wrong), that I'm unsure what needs to happen.  I'm getting buried in documents folks are referring me to that really don't apply.

What ARE the options, and where are the guidelines to get there for this specific problem (need 2 additional node licenses for the CUCM v8 cluster)?

8 Replies 8

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the customer has UCSS all you have to do is go to the PUT tool and order additional node licenses at no charge

Thanks

Srini

Sent from my iPhone

There is no part number listed in PUT for an additional node license. It shows: CM8.0-K9-UPG= for an upgrade to version 8 (which we have already ordered and received), but nothing for more nodes.

What's the part number to get more nodes?

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this email transmission is confidential information which may contain information that is legally privileged and prohibited from disclosure under applicable law or by contractual agreement. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this email transmission is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone to arrange for the return of the original transmission to us.

CM8.0-K9-UPG is the part number for node licenses.  Order the quantity of CM8.0-K9-UPG for each node in your cluster.  License enforcement for 8.0 is still DLU even though it is sold as UCL.  DLUs will transfer from 6.x when you do your upgrade.

afreijemu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Srini,

I have the same situation with a customer but doing it for CCX, do you know the part number to order additional node. He actually did purchased HA license. but when ordering 2, the PUT says he is not able to order that number.

Best Regards.

Ana Freije

Assuming the right HA licenses was ordered, this one below is for CCX 8, then you should get the key. Work with licensing@cisco.com and provide them the SO# to look at the issue

L-CCX-80-ADDON-LIC 

1 L-CCX-80-A-EHA-LIC

Thanks

Srini

I have the same problem with the callmanager when I tried to set the quantity of this part number "CM8.0-K9-UPG " to 3 because I have PUB & 2 SUB he told me the max quantity is 1 , what can I do in this case to get the license of 3 nodes.taking into your consideration this is the part number that we ordered L-UCSS-UCM-3-1.

If you are trying to add CUCM nodes then you need to use CUCM-USR-LIC top level SKU and add node licenses over there. It may ask you to buy one basic license or it may not. In the past it wouldn't ask it. See my responses here

https://communities.cisco.com/message/61170#61170

Srini

My customer solved his node license problems e'mailing to license@cisco.com. You will probably need the SO#.

best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: