Helpful
Replies

CUCM version 14 upgrade/migration

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

The install/upgrade guide makes mention of several items I've not seen before:

skilp-install OVA

Cisco VM Builder tool (VMWare wrapper tool)

However, these new "things" are no where I can find.  They aren't on CCO (at least where I could find them), and searching the Cisco web site doesn't turn them up either.  They aren't on the ISO, and the documentation doesn't tell you where to get it.  They aren't available via the MCE portal when you order a version 14 upgrade....

So, Where the heck are these things and how do you get your hands on them???

6 Replies 6

I don’t recall seeing any of these files mentioned in the upgrade guide. Would you please mind to point out where you found these mentioned?

Response Signature

They split the upgrade and the fresh install guide.  In this case, that's kind of odd, because it's actually a migration, but after you run the utils system upgrade dataexport initiate on the existing system, then you have some options to pull this stuff all in using a touchless or automated manner:  It's actually in the install guide you find this stuff:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/14_0_1/cucm_b_install-guide-cucm-imp-14/cucm_b_install-guide-cucm-imp-14_chapter_010.html#task_5DB6628503957B44BB242A260FCB77EB

Look in this section:  

Automated Installation using vApp properties and VMware OVF Tool

And then there is a second section here:  

Touchless Installation Using VM Tools

This task allows to deploy skip-install OVA using the Cisco VM Builder tool, which is a wrapper tool to inject the configurations parameters.

Note

This task is only supported with VMware Embedded Host Client or vCenter Server versions 6.7 and 7.0.

Before you begin

• Requires a Linux server to run Cisco VM Builder and VMware OVF Tool.

The Cisco VM Builder tool (VMware wrapper tool) and the dependent tool will be bundled and provided as .rpm file (platform-skip-install-ovftool-1.0.0.0-1.x86_64.rpm) or as a g-zipped tar file/tarball (platform-skip-install-ovftool_v1.0.tar.gz.) See the ReadMe guide for instructions on how to install .rpm/tar.

But several times they mention the "Cisco VM Builder tool"....and it's no where to be found. 

This explains it, I newer really read that part as it hasn’t been applicable for us. On the wrapper part, it says that it should be apart of the first mentioned OVA file and that is later mentioned to be available via My Entitlement.

• Touchless Installation Using VM ToolsRun the VM Builder tool (which is a VMware wrapper tool that is provided as part of the platform skip-install-ova rpm/tar) by passing the Unified CM configuration parameters, skip-install OVA, and VMware Embedded Host Client or vCenter Server details of each node in the cluster, which would perform the complete cluster installation without manual intervention.

Response Signature

Yes, but it isn't in the Cisco Entitlement portal and it isn't on CCO either.  Thus my quandry....

Smells TAC long way...

Sorry to be of no more help on this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: