Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM wireshark

Hi guys . We have integrated Tshark into our UNIGY server (linux) so it will send, by using  script,  captured packets to our remote computers running wireshark.   Is it possible to run same Tshark   on CUCM server (it's red hat linux too) and send captured packets to our remote wireshark

Do anyone has it running? 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bekzod,

You are most welcome! Please rate the post which helped you and mark as answer if it answered your query.

Aseem

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot install any 3rd party apps on the linux appliances, you can only install .cop files that have been signed by Cisco.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This can be done only through root account. Cisco has disabled root access on these applications and is only available with Cisco TAC for troubleshooting purpose. However you can simply run the captures on the CUCM and other UC applications using the procedure below:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/44376/packet-capture-cucm-appliance-model

Aseem

Aseem,  u gave me good link, thank you  . I am trying to run that packet capture with RTMT as described in that link but I am getting error " Files for Packet capture logs on the server    for selected time not available"

Do I need to enable anything else anywhere ?

Hi Bekzod,

As such there is no need to enable anything, just run "utils network capture eth0 file packets count 100000 size all", on the CLI, recreate the issue and then stop the captures using CTRL+C when done. If you think you followed the correct procedure then i would suggest you to try another test by enabling the capture on CUCM using command, run a repeated ping from your workstation to the CUCM, stop the capture using CTRL+C and then collect the captures from RTMT and in the last window choose relative range than absolute range.

Aseem

(Please rate if useful)

ok, I see now, so RTMT was 2nd part of whole procedure but not another option.  I ran RTMT without cli capture that's why.

Thank you Aseem

Hi Bekzod,

You are most welcome! Please rate the post which helped you and mark as answer if it answered your query.

Aseem