cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM with more than one LDAP without AD LDS

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Will be possible someday to integrate one CUCM Cluster with more LDAP-systems for authentication and synchronization without AD LDS. This would be very useful in my opinion.

Other solutions are able to do that, e.g. Imagicle Application Suite for Cisco UC.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're asking if this is planned for a future release, that cannot be discussed here as roadmap information is NDA.

You would need to ask in the partner area of CSC, or your SE.

You can also submit a PER via your SE/AM with the business case for this functionality, so it can be considered for a future release.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're asking if this is planned for a future release, that cannot be discussed here as roadmap information is NDA.

You would need to ask in the partner area of CSC, or your SE.

You can also submit a PER via your SE/AM with the business case for this functionality, so it can be considered for a future release.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

thank you for your reply,

I'll follow your advice.

Mirko

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Just to clarify: CUCM supports multiple AD domains/trees in the same forest now. While not mandatory, you should use UPN instead of sAMAccountName in that scenario to guarantee uniqueness. The only restriction today is that you’re limited to a single AD Forest.

Thanks for the information Jonathan, good to know for other projects.

In this case I would need the integration with different AD forests. Trust between the AD may not be.

I'm thinking about migrating from one to three different CUCM clusters, using ILS between them and maybe federation...but it's a lot of work.

Mirko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: