Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM7 admin prompt?

Eric.Biggie
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I installed CUCM7 in Vmware server. It loads to a login prompt, which I type in my login and password.  Then I'm successfully at the "admin" prompt.  So how do I get to the Call Manager 7 GUI from here?  Everything I find simply states to go to https://<ip address>/ccmadmin/, but this isn't working. I assume because the only IE interface I have is not in the VMware, but on my PC.  Can anyone help me out here?

Thank you greatly in advance,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to have IP reachability from a client device (i.e your PC) to the CCM server. You can only configure CCM from a remote web browser session.

So if you are using VMWare, either:

1) Give the server an address on your local VLAN, and use a bridged LAN interface in the VM.

2) Give the server an address in the 'host only' subnet, and set the 'host only' network option.

3) Set the server to 'host only' networking, and then change the address on the 'host only' NIC in your VMWare host PC to have an address on the same IP subnet as the CCM server.

Really Option 1 above is the only practical one if you have IP phones or other devices not on your VM host that you want to use with the CCM server.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You need to have IP reachability from a client device (i.e your PC) to the CCM server. You can only configure CCM from a remote web browser session.

So if you are using VMWare, either:

1) Give the server an address on your local VLAN, and use a bridged LAN interface in the VM.

2) Give the server an address in the 'host only' subnet, and set the 'host only' network option.

3) Set the server to 'host only' networking, and then change the address on the 'host only' NIC in your VMWare host PC to have an address on the same IP subnet as the CCM server.

Really Option 1 above is the only practical one if you have IP phones or other devices not on your VM host that you want to use with the CCM server.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

You Rock!  That fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Eric

No problem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: