cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM8.6 need some lines to NOT dial 9 outbound

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Hello... I've got cucm8.6 setup and working fine but am now cutting over some POTS lines that users have not been dialing 9 for outbound calls and need to keep it that way. How can I get the analog lines to not have to dial 9 to get an outside line?

Thanks.

VP                  

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to be careful with that as 9 (off-net access code) serves the purpose of ensuring there are not overlaps in your dial plan.  If you are bringing lines onto your enterprise solution that were isolated before you may not be able to make it work without the prefix and not create potential overlaps.  If you are certain no overlaps will be created then simply build your route patterns/dial-peers/etc without the 9.

HTH,

Chris

Sorry.. should've posted an update on Saturday but was in a time crunch. The objective is not to disable the prefix 9 access code but to make it transparent to the end-user which is accomplished by adding "9" in Prefix-dn on the VG224 port config, last box Port Information (POTS). I had the configuration correct but in the wrong port for the analog line I was testing and panicked.

So... false alarm.

Thanks for responding and to anyone else who checked in.

Is the VG224 using MGCP/SCCP/SIP or H323 protocol? If MGCP or SCCP then you will need to perform all logic on CUCM side, if H323/SIP you can build translation-rule on the VG224 that automatically prefixes the off-net access code to off-net destinations (would need to define those as you dont want to prefix it to all calls as that would mess up internal dialing).

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: