1) The 6000 bundle is supplied on a UCS under VMWare. Does that mean the individual applications CUCM, CUC, UCCX, CUPS are actually running as seperate VM Machines? By this I mean is this essentially the same as the stand-alone products technically, just being marketed as a CUCMBE system? Or does the CUCM/CUC run as a single VM (like a normal CUCMBE), and the rest seperate?
2) Is it possible to upgrade from traditional CUCMBE (now called 5000) to a 6000? I can't find this scenario in the ordering guides. If not, it would seem it's actually easier (& cheaper) to migrate from a 5000 to stand-alone CUCM, CUC etc, but deploy them on a UCS. Therefore creating a similar solution but not under the 6000 umbrella. Could someone clarify?
3) Is it possible to migrate from a stand-alone CUCM with CUC or CUE to a 6000?
4) Are there any plans to create a DRS/DMA type tool to migrate between CUCMBE & CUCM (either way) to avoid the need to rebuild as a fresh install?
1) The former seperate VM for each application. It is a marketing name to bundle CUCM/Uconn. The other apps are purchased separately through their UCL SKU
2) Yes see link below. For VM since BE 5K has basic VM license you have to move to advanced https://communities.cisco.com/message/65631#65631
3) Yes the response from PDI was do this or use the starter bundle
- UCL with 3 on 3 promo for the upgrade for CUCM and Unity Connection licenses
- UCS C200 Bare Metal
- Vmware ESXi (Can be purchased as Cisco SKU or directly from Vmware)
4) Not that I have seen
Srini, thanks for the replies. Just some further comments:
1) So given the 6000 is actually the same as the stand-alone, not really a CUCMBE as we have previously known, I'm unsure what reason would anyone choose a 6000 over just putting together a C200 with stand-alone apps? Unless the price point of a 6000 is better than the other route.
3) This now seems a mute point, because actually again not sure why anyone would migrate from CUCM to a 6000, as basically it seems no different from CUCM to CUCM on UCS under the 3&3 offer, no need for a 6000 bundle.
1) With the UNIFIED-CMBE6K bundle CUCM/Uconn licenses are given at a lower price point. I haven't done a detailed comparison compared to buying the bare metal and each product as UCL but I would assume that this bundle gives CUCM/Uconn licenses at a lower price. With CUWL you just buy bare metal and do CUWL as before
3) Migration would only apply from a MCS server running CUCM/Uconn to a C200 running virtual apps or C210. Yes better off with 3x3 and bare metal or if you have UCSS then nothing to pay since 6K is just the "regular" CUCM/Uconn running co resident with other apps
Thanks for you help in advance, I have a customer with CUCMBE5000 they want to upgrade to CUCMBE6000 it is clear that they need to purchase the starter pack and for new ip phones new licenses, but how can they migrate the old CUCMBE5000 licenses to the new system? is there any partnumber they have to purchase explicitly to be able to install on the new system the old DLU´s?
Take a look at the ordering guide there is a section on migration for licenses