cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE Unity Connection Password Length

steve.sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

Am I missing it? I can't seem to find the page to change the minimum password requirements in UC on a Business Edition. Can someone point me in the right direction.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steve,

Here is the related info;

Specifying Password, Logon, and Lockout Policies by Using Authentication Rules

In Cisco Unity Connection, authentication rules govern user passwords and account lockouts for all user accounts. You use authentication rules to secure how users access Connection by phone, and how users access Cisco Unity Connection Administration and the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA).

For example, an authentication rule determines:

•The number of failed logon attempts that are allowed before an account is locked

•The number of minutes an account remains locked before it is reset

•Whether a locked account must be unlocked manually by an administrator

•The minimum length allowed for passwords

•The number of days before a password expires

Creating and Modifying Authentication Rules, and Assigning Rules to Users

Authentication rules are specified on the System Settings > Authentication Rules page in Connection Administration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/2x/administration/guide/2xcucsag160.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

In Business Edition I don't have the Authentication Rules like I do in typical Unity Conneciton installs. Its got to be buried somewhere, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Steve, did you ever find out where to change these settings? I'm running into the same issue...

Thank you..

Specifying Password, Logon, and Lockout Policies

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag160.html

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition (CMBE), you use Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration to specify password and account lockout policies for phone and web-tool access, and to specify the logon policy for web-tool access for all users who access Cisco Unity Connection voice messages.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

makes sense now, thanks...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: