Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME-SRST

asim.mz99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have a scnerio and need expert suggestions on it.

I have call manager on main site and express on branch. I want all the phones in branch to be connected with call manager on the main site and in case of wan connection lost the internal calling should work and this can be handled by SRST, but i have SIP trunk also in Branch site so following scanerio is required.

1. All local calls should be from SIP trunk connected with router in branch.

2. In case of calls towards head office should go through wan

3. all phones are registerd with main branch call manager

4. In case of WAN link down phones should keep working and calls should work through local sip trunk

Now do we need Gatekeeper and cube licenses here?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.,

AZ

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GK is for H323 deployments not SIP, all you need to do is configure the router for CME as SRST as described in CME admin guide and then create your dial peers to use the SIP trunk. You will require CUBE session licenses for your SIP connection (paper licenses).

HTH,

Chris

Thank you Chris,

You mean that I can  registered the phones with Main site Call Manager and I can also use  them to call out from Branch SIP trunk plus they will keep working if  WAN link is down.
Please note we have two sip trunks, one in head office and other is on local router in branch and from branch phone which is registered with HO can use both to call out.
Also what is the meaning by H323 deployments. if you can explain i will be thankful.

Best regards,

AZ