Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCN Insufficient Licenses

jeedme
Level 1
Level 1

hello dears

i have 12 days remaining to deal with this issue, otherwise the cucm will not be able to editable for end user devices.

i have 16 Enhanced licesnes has been loaned and having two options only, ether to buy 16 Enhanced license or delete the devices.

the issue that i don't know which devices that are taken those licesnes, i've deteled around 25 devices registered as Auto. but when i checked the PLM it changed from 13 to 16 !!

what you suggest ? and how to delete those extra devices?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

"the issue that i don't know which devices that are taken those licesnes, i've deteled around 25 devices registered as Auto. but when i checked the PLM it changed from 13 to 16 !!"

Have a look in CUCM, not PLM, under "System / Licensing / Licence Usage Report".  From there you can see lists of all the devices requiring each class of licence.

After any change it's best to select "Update Usage Details" so the list is up to date.   And then in PLM refresh by selecting "Synchronise Now" under "Product Instances".   Otherwise the figures only update at intervals, not immediately you make a change in CUCM.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

can you share the PLM usage page screenshot.

Response Signature

PLM.JPG

Make sure that u assigned Owner ID on the device page. if not the license will not be consumed in a right way. if a user use three device and if you don't assign Owner Id this will end up consuming 3 enhanced. but if owner id assigned it will consume one CUWL license.

Response Signature

installed license is 660 and the total required is 676. Either u dint purchase sufficient license or you didn't assign the owner ID.  if a user use multiple devices, assign Owner ID. this will help to consume proper license and free up some licenses.

After making changes as @TONY SMITH mentioned do update usage and synchronize.

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

"the issue that i don't know which devices that are taken those licesnes, i've deteled around 25 devices registered as Auto. but when i checked the PLM it changed from 13 to 16 !!"

Have a look in CUCM, not PLM, under "System / Licensing / Licence Usage Report".  From there you can see lists of all the devices requiring each class of licence.

After any change it's best to select "Update Usage Details" so the list is up to date.   And then in PLM refresh by selecting "Synchronise Now" under "Product Instances".   Otherwise the figures only update at intervals, not immediately you make a change in CUCM.