Edwin Vos
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We have just rolled-out Cisco Unified Communications platform containing:

- CUCM 8.0.3.10000-8

- CUP 8.0.3.10000-4

- CUPC version 8.0.153

We have LDAP synchronisation and authentication working on CUCM server. I am using the same LDAP server for CUP server to do LDAP searches from CUPC client. This is all working.

We have one issue though, which I am not able to fix. All users are in CUCM server and CUP server. All users have CSF phone with extension which is all working within the CUPC client. No when I add everyonen to newly created groups in CUPC client there are user who do have the Work number filled, but there are also users for whom that field is empty.

If I check those users they do have the CSF phone with the correct DN on it in CUP server. In CUPC client the Work (phone field) is empty. This results in no Call option when performing right mouse click on user within CUPC client or when call an inavlid parameter message.

This can quite easely be fixed by doing an edit on the specific users and fill the Work 2 field. Normal Work is not available from dropdown box.

Does anyone have a hint or tip to solve this issue?

Regards and thanks in advance,

Edwin

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CUPC client gets the phone numbers for a contact from LDAP, not CUP. Make sure the Telephone Number attribute is populated on the user's AD account.

abcronin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin

Did you resolve this issue?

We are having the same problem however it is with 8.5.1 and latest version of the CUPC client.

Cheers

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: