cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCX Pin Reset

Michael Seden
Level 1
Level 1

Had an interesting thing happen, Tried to unlock a users phone and reset the pin Through the GUI and it would not work. (followled the PDF)

I ended up having to have the user re-register to get into thier voicemail. Is this a common thing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it is not a common thing, can you provide the steps you used?

Are you sure you changed the PIN and not the web password for the user?

Was the account locked and if so did you unlock it?

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, it is not a common thing, can you provide the steps you used?

Are you sure you changed the PIN and not the web password for the user?

Was the account locked and if so did you unlock it?

Chris

The user was locked that was the first thing I did. It didn't let her log in. I then went to password and reset it. Not the PIN. When she still couldn't get in I reset everything and she had to re register. I have since found the PIN location in Call Manager under end user configurations. The next time I have to reset a pin, thats where I shall go.

CUCM PIN has nothing to do with voicemail PIN, the CUCM PIN is only for phone services such as Extension Mobility. The voicemail PIN is defined under user in Unity Connection.

Chris

Chris,

This is what I did,

To Change a Phone PIN for an Individual User or Template

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the user account or template that you want to edit.

Step 2 On the Edit menu, select Change Password.

Step 3 On the Change Password page, in the Choose Password list, select Voicemail.

Step 4 In the Password field, enter the new PIN, and then reenter it in the Confirm Password field.

Step 5 Select Save.

and after reading your first reply, I thought I was changing the password not the pin. After re-reading... The instructions I was re setting the PIN. So my steps were, unlocked the user, reset the pin, and that didn't work so I re registered.

That should have worked, assuming the user was not locked out, in which case you also need to unlock him/her.  You can easily test it again with another user/yourself, simply change the PIN from the admin GUI and see if that takes effect, if not perhaps you are running into some kind of issue, though I've never seen this type of issue, and I seriously doubt it would have pass QA and be allowed in any release as that would make the product useless.

HTH,

Chris

So to get it right, Change the pin first, then unlock the user second?

Does not matter the order, you will see if user is locked or not.

Chris

Thanks!