Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.6.1 Install

Dustin Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've been tasked with installing and configuring CUE 8.6.1 on two routers.  I was able to install the software on both routers and install my licenses and get everything set up (integrated with CUCM).  One router works perfectly.  On the other, we can't dial voicemail from any phone, it goes straight to a busy signal.

We've compared configs on both and nothing stands out.  The only difference I notice is that when I login to the Web Interfaces for both devices and click About, the one that's working says:

Cisco Unity Express - Administration

Version 8.6.1
The one not working says:

Cisco Unified IVR Express
Version 8.6.1

I installed CUE on both ISM modules the EXACT same way and no matter how many times I uninstall and re-install, I still see Cisco Unified IVR Express and am unable to dial voicemail from the phones.

Here's the kicker, we had another ISM module from a previous install that was running CUE 8.0.5, so I put replaced the module,upgraded to 8.6.1.  I click About and see:

Version 8.6.1

And the phones are dialing voicemail now.  We're being told that the other module (with Cisco Unified IVR Express) is defective, but I'm having a hard time believing that.  It seems like it has something to do with the software install, and for some reason I can't install CUE 8.6.1 without Cisco Unified IVR Express and I feel like that's causing the issue

Anyone have any ideas?  Please let me know if you need anything from me.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dustin,

You and Paolo are certainly on the right track here +5 "P"

Here's a clip from the licensing guide;

Note Each IVR session consumes one port and thus reduces the number of  ports available for use by voicemail or auto-attendant applications.  Please carefully consider how many IVR session licenses you need and  only install or activate licenses for that number of IVR sessions.

If the number of IVR session licenses is greater  than or equal to the number of ports, then voicemail and auto-attendant  applications will be disabled due to the lack of available ports. The

show license status application

command will indicate this condition by stating the error message "voicemail disabled, ivr session quantity (x) is equal to or exceeds available ports (Y)"  where X is the number of IVR sessions and Y is the number of ports. To  change this condition, either reduce the number of IVR sessions via the  command

license activate ivr sessions N

(where N is less than the number of ports and may be zero to deactivate  all IVR sessions), or remove the IVR session licenses, or add more port  licenses, and then issue the

reload command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1065047

You will need to deactivate the IVR sessions and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dustin Harris
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I just had a look at the licenses on both installed CUEs.  Looks like someone activated the IVR Session license, which would explain why I'm seeing "Cisco Unified IVR Express" on one and not the other.  But that still doesn't explain why my phones only get a fast-busy when dialing voicemail.  Any ideas?  Does it sound like the card is acutally defective?

Thanks.

Most likely it means something is not configured right, or no VM or port license are installed.

Thanks for the Reply Paolo. 

I've compared configs and checked all licenses.  The only difference being that the Eval license for IVR Sessions has been activated, but nothing configured on the CUE that's not working.  Could this be the issue? 

I only ask that because the other modules don't have this license activated and if I replace the non-working module with one that doesn't have this license activated, the phones have no issues getting to voicemail.  It seems like it's something with this module.  I have no problem using the other one we have, I'm just trying to understand if there's something physically wrong with this module or not.  Thoughts?

Thanks.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dustin,

You and Paolo are certainly on the right track here +5 "P"

Here's a clip from the licensing guide;

Note Each IVR session consumes one port and thus reduces the number of  ports available for use by voicemail or auto-attendant applications.  Please carefully consider how many IVR session licenses you need and  only install or activate licenses for that number of IVR sessions.

If the number of IVR session licenses is greater  than or equal to the number of ports, then voicemail and auto-attendant  applications will be disabled due to the lack of available ports. The

show license status application

command will indicate this condition by stating the error message "voicemail disabled, ivr session quantity (x) is equal to or exceeds available ports (Y)"  where X is the number of IVR sessions and Y is the number of ports. To  change this condition, either reduce the number of IVR sessions via the  command

license activate ivr sessions N

(where N is less than the number of ports and may be zero to deactivate  all IVR sessions), or remove the IVR session licenses, or add more port  licenses, and then issue the

reload command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/Using_CSL.html#wp1065047

You will need to deactivate the IVR sessions and you should be good to go.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob.  That did it.  Thanks to you to Paolo.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dustin,

Nice work my friend Glad to see you are up

and running. You had it nailed all along!

Cheers!

Rob