Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.x - Adding Additional Mailboxes

michael.lorincz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Team,

I sold a customer a 2901 w/ the ISM running CUE 8. At the time we ordered it with 2 x FL-CUE-MBX-5. The customer came back after the deployment asking for an additional 5 voicemail boxes. I quoted them the L-FL-CUE-MBX-5= per the ordering guide. The customer claims to be having problems getting the PAK registered. Cisco TAC told them we ordered the wrong mailbox addon part (L-FL-CUE-MBX-5=). I called Cisco pre-sales support and they confirmed we ordered the right part. How about a straight answer?

I emailed licensing@cisco.com and provided the PAK #, the responded w/ the .lic file which apprently will still not load.

Question #1) Are license files cumulative meaning we originally had 10 mailboxes, then we purchased 5 more so the license file sent would cover 15 voicemail boxes? Or do license files get added up in CUE?

Question #2) Are there any install guides the walk through the license registration process?

Any help would be appreciated.

- Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They should provide license files that should add to the existing ones

Srini

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes they are additive, here is guide on the license registration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_1/Licensing/CUELicense.pdf

Thanks

Srini

when you say additive you mean .lic files get added to CUE, not the new .lic file replaces the existing .lic file and contains the new voicemail totals (i.e. 15 when you added 5), right?

They should provide license files that should add to the existing ones

Srini

Dear Srinivasan,

Can you please me with the part number of adding the voicemail licenses in CUCM server. My customer has CUCM 8.6 version and he wants this to be added in CUCM only and not on router for this branch office.

Thanks in advance

Ashray

Check the ordering guide, assuming Unity Connection these links have all the SKU for version 9

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/messaging_ordering_guide.pdf

Thanks

Srini