cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8x Announcement only VM box

jjohnson1980
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with a voice mail box that I have built for a client. They want a box that can replay a greeting yet no voice mails be left. I built an Announcement Only Vm box first. When testing it I found that it would drop the call before playing the greeting. So I decided to delete it and create it as a regular VM box and test. It worked just fine. Is there any known issues with the 8x CUE when using Announcement Only VM boxes?

Thanks,

Josh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sara Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Josh,

It sounds like you could be running into defect CSCti72294. With the CUE 8.0(2) release, when calling an Announcement only mailbox, no announcement is played, the call is disconnected, and there is no tone heard (busy/fast busy/re-order). If this is what you are experiencing then I suspect it is this defect.

There are currently no plans for an additional maintenance release of CUE 8.0.x. But the good news is that the fix will be available in 8.5, which has a targeted for release at the end of the month.

I hope this helps,

--
Sara

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sara Sheridan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Josh,

It sounds like you could be running into defect CSCti72294. With the CUE 8.0(2) release, when calling an Announcement only mailbox, no announcement is played, the call is disconnected, and there is no tone heard (busy/fast busy/re-order). If this is what you are experiencing then I suspect it is this defect.

There are currently no plans for an additional maintenance release of CUE 8.0.x. But the good news is that the fix will be available in 8.5, which has a targeted for release at the end of the month.

I hope this helps,

--
Sara

That is the exact version of CUE I am using and exact description I am facing. Thanks. I guess I will have to wait for the next release.

How interesting, being the one that filed the original service request that lead to the bug filed.

I am still astonished by the lack of testing by Cisco on such a simple feature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: