Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE-CME to CUE-CUCM

basyadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team

My customer is using 10 x CME Routers with local CUE modules per site however they would like to move to central CUCM model but interested to keep the CUE modules as it is. I understand that to register CUE modules to CUCM now, they need to change the license on each CUE module however my queries are:-

1. Whether customer would have to pay for this CUCM License on CUE? If so, what is the SKU to order?

2. Whether the existing data/ VM's on CUE's would get lost after registering them to CUCM?

- Basant

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would first highly recommend they get off of CUE. You don't mention the age of the routers/modules but if they are the AIM/SRE modules they you have to change it. To be honest the design of using CUE for local AA or mailboxes is a very legacy model when folks didn't have good WAN pipes or wanted some features in SRST but with voicemail losing it's importance, I would recommend moving to central Unity connection with UCM and stick with a centralized model

If you have to keep them

1. There is nothing to pay on CUCM for CUE since its a trunk interface

2. No it won't

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would first highly recommend they get off of CUE. You don't mention the age of the routers/modules but if they are the AIM/SRE modules they you have to change it. To be honest the design of using CUE for local AA or mailboxes is a very legacy model when folks didn't have good WAN pipes or wanted some features in SRST but with voicemail losing it's importance, I would recommend moving to central Unity connection with UCM and stick with a centralized model

If you have to keep them

1. There is nothing to pay on CUCM for CUE since its a trunk interface

2. No it won't

Thanks a lot Srini for your quick reply.

Yes, I would also strongly recommend customer to move towards Unity Connection as well. Just in case they stay with their decision, any suggestion from where they can get this CUCM Licenses for CUE?

- Basant

There is no such license, CUE has it's license for mailboxes and ports and that's it. Then it's a trunk integration to CUCM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: