Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Editor - Generate random number

rcordeiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to redirect a call, if the result is out of business hours, to an external number (using CUE 7.0.5). That is easy with a "Translation pattern" (using CM 7.1), the problem arises when I need to have 3 different external numbers. I need a way to generate a random number (between 1 and 3) or do it in a circular way, so the calls get redirected to the 3 numbers, one at a time.

Is this possible at all or I'm just wanting something impossible?

Any other solution, using Call Manager 7.1 and CUE 7.0.5 or only one of them will be good.

Regards

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In CUE scripts, there are "set", "incr", and "if" steps that you can use for the purpose.

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a way to save a variable, or a variable state, value in this case? Every time a call enters the system the variable values are reseted and I am not able to go from one option on the if to the other.

The thing is I need to send the first call to number A and second call to number B and third call to number C and then the next call to number A and so on.

Many thanks for your help.

You are right. It seems that the only way to get persistent variables would be using the IVR steps to access a DB.

Since this may be an overkill, it would be proably better to handle the call distribution in the CM itself.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Any idea on how to achieve what I need? I cannot use Hunt Pilot because it will not forward the call. I can work with partitions and CSSs but how can I configure the 3 external numbers I need?

Regards

I think that if you search the forum you can find how.

I remember there is a special setting to allow external numbers in hunt pilot, but not being a CM expert, can't tell you more than that.

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I have been looking for the last days and I think I'm at a dead end...

Regards