Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Script"Dial-By-Extension Menu" issue

rock981119
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have deploy CME+CUE, and wanna use CUE to provide Auto Attendant.

CUE is version 8.6.1, Script editer also 8.6.1.

Requirement:user who dila in from PSTN portal number will transfer to CUE AA.

1.AA script play a welcome prompt

2.Dial extension, press 1 for reception, can retry 3 times.

We found "dial-by-extension menu" can dial extension and provide menu option at the same time.

Configure "dial-by-extension menu" sub-parameter like blew:

1.jpg

Set total timeout is 60s, but after the menu prompt 3s we hear the timeout prompt. and after 3s haer timeout prompt.

circulate 3 times. Is odd i think. we wanna if user not input any number after 60s hear the timeout prompt.

I try to modify "Timeout" to 10~60, it still every 3s hear the timeout prompt.

Any idear?

5 Replies 5

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like it is due to CSCtl53894 ("Dial-by-Extention Menu Step initial timeout does not work").  Regardless of the timeout value, it will always default to 3 seconds.

Markus Schneider wrote:

This sounds like it is due to CSCtl53894 ("Dial-by-Extention Menu Step initial timeout does not work").  Regardless of the timeout value, it will always default to 3 seconds.

That, it may be worth noting, appears to be "fixed" without fixed-in release information available.

Hi,

I have found the Caveats:CSCtl53894

Symptom: While executing an aef script, the initial DTMF digit timeout is always 3 seconds regardless of what is set in the timeout of the "Dial-by-Extension Menu" step.

Conditions: Any aef script that uses the "Dial-by-Extension Menu" step that is running in CUE version 8.0.1 or greater.

Workaround: Use the "Menu" step instead of the "Dial-by-Extension" Menu step. If dial-by-extension anytime is being used in the "Dial-by-Extension Menu" step, to achieve the same functionality with the "Menu" step do the following:

1. Use the "Menu" step to collect the first digit and then use the "Get Digit String" step to get the remaining digits.

2. Concatenate the first digit with the last digits to get the extension for dial-by-extension.

Is that mean less-than CUE version 8.0.1 "Dial-by-Extension Menu" was working normal? But i think most people won't downgrading 8.6 to 7.x.

In Version 8.6.1 that issue still there, feel Unacceptable.

I don't really understand the Workaround: Use the "Menu" step instead of the "Dial-by-Extension" Menu step. Can anyone guide me how "Menu" & "Get Digit String"

MixedUse.Blow i simulate a script, no test, Please Advice About that:

The workaround is also unacceptable, as well the severity of 3 assigned to to the bug.

The bug simply breaks existing, correctly written scripts, and offering a programming way around it is not a solution at all.

It's not clear to me if that step ever worked the way it was supposed to.  It is possible that there aren't any scripts using it that would stop working.  In any case, I think most (if not all) of the Dial-by-extension Menu step behavior can be replicated without using it.  I wrote a script a few years back that worked with CUE version 2.3.2 (long before that step was added) and later that illustrates this. 

I'm not directly in support, but what I would recommend is getting in touch with TAC to push for this defect to be integrated into a release (assuming it hasn't already).  That would help increasing the visibility and priority of the issue. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: