cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE virtual 9.0 on 4321 ISR

PeteA
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have experience deploying CUE on 4000 series ISR using the KVM Service Container?

We have a deployment coming up and wanted to know whether this was a viable option.

Cisco doc says it's supported, looking for any gotchas and feedback on deployment experiences.

Thanks.

17 Replies 17

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can follow the steps mentioned in the CUE install guide specific to ISR 4K below 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel9_0/install/cue_install_book/cue_virtual_support_for_kvm.html#id_37295

Manish

- Do rate useful posts -

travissaler
Level 1
Level 1

Did you have any luck? I’m trying to deploy with not much luck myself.

Yes, I was able to get voicemail working.  However I then ran into an issue where the router crashes. TAC believes this is a new bug caused by MWI.  We disabled MWI and the router is stable.  TAC has provided a new image I need to load it on the router and test.

Interesting I was just told today to ship my router back for a 4331 as the
RAM in this unit will not be enough and I would need to add a hard drive.

Hi Travissaler,

The ISR will need 8 GB RAM, 8 GB Flash, and a 50 GB hard drive to run CUE virtual 9.  The 4321 ISR is up-gradable to those specs.

Pete

hello,

I am also planning to go with Virtual CUE with ISR 4k.

If I understand this right, it doesn't require any UCS-E to be ordered along with ISR 4k ? 

I would like to know what are different Voice Mail solutions available with CUCME 4k as a stand alone site ?

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks  

vCUE can be installed on the following -

1. UCS-E module on a physical router
2. UCS full blown server as a virtual machine
3. ISR-4k service container aka NIM-SSD

hi Nipun,

I am planning UCS-E in ISR 4k, Do you know how to handle/purchase licenses for VM ?

You would be installing ESXi hypervisor on it. You would need to talk to VMware for the license support IMO.

Hi Anil,

We went the service container route.  Had to upgrade RAM, Flash and add a SSD to get there though.  Pretty straight forward once you have the proper hardware.  We did discover a new Bug with MWI CSCvg40085 which we are still waiting on a permanent fix for, it has been committed to release 16.3.6 due late Feb.

Pete

hi Pete,

Thanks much for your response.

In Traditional CUE we used to buy Port and Mailbox licenses as well.

Are there any licenses to be purchased or activated on ISR when using CUE virtual

KVM Service Containers

Starting vCUE 9.0.3, licenses are enabled by default and set to installation platform maximum.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel9_0/install/cue_install_book/cue_virtual_licensing.html

Thank you Nipun. this is what I wanted to know about VM licenses, Thank you

When using KVM, you need to ensure that the ISR has the correct specs else you won't be able to configure a "virtual-service" which is required for the installation. The router won't even accept the command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: