Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC 8.6 client-server Latency requirement

Rajesh Kalra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am doing a design for a customer where the CUCM 8.x cluster and CUEAC 8.6 server are at the central site  and the remote site will have the voice gateway, attendant console client and IP Phones. The PSTN line would connect to voice gateway and the voice would remain localised in the remote site. There would be no voice calls over WAN.

I read (Cisco Unified Business/Department/Enterprise Attendant Console - Design Guide dated June 6th 2011) which means CUEAC Client to Server latency RTT should be less than 150m/s to run satisfactorily. Is this realistic ?

In my case the ping response from remote to central site is round-trip min/avg/max = 83/108/285 ms Will the desgin work?

2.There is a MPLS link between central and remote side, will any kind of packet prioritisation help the CUEAC 8.6 client-server working?

If yes what prioritisation would be needed?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Rajesh,

The recommended time is 150ms, if it goes over this it might not cause any major issues but this is the validated time and therefore what TAC will support.

Prioritizing the ports used by CUAC will help, the packets themselves are not marked so the ports them self would need to be given priority, the list of ports used can be found in the design guide at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_implementation_design_guides_list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: