Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC 9 upgrade questions

I upgraded CUEAC 8 (Enterprise Edition) last week to v9 in anticipation to taking my whole UCM platform from 8.6 to 9.1 <insert DriveTo9 plug here>.

It seems to have gone OK, with two exceptions.

I updated the console on two clients after I upgraded the server.  Both clients are Windows 7 64-bit, and and Workgroup, not Domain members. Not sure why, that is, but that's not the point.  Client 1 works great, just as before.  Client 2, if you attempt to run it, insists on having Administrator privs.

Assuming you give it said privileges, it works, but I wasn't expecting it to want admin rights.  Our users do not have provs.  For grins, I installed it fresh on a third machine, and it installed just fine.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that did not fix the issue on Client 2.  I did not touch the registry, but perhaps that is the next step, to get rid of all/any ARC Solutions info.

The second issue regards Blind Transfers.  The typical usage would be to take the incoming call, ask the user what they wanted, and direct the call to the correct extension via blind transfer.  This used to be possible from the client workstation, but now it only goes to hold, and then it comes right back after the appropriate time period.  It works fine if you transfer from the phone.

My guess this has something to do with IM&P, which is planned, but not yet active.  

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello,

I know in my experiences with CUEAC we normally have to grant full control to somethings such as the Cisco folder under Programs Files and the Arc Solutions registry folder.  With Win 7 I have also had to remove the Privilege Level from the compatibility tab for the cueac.exe properties.  It also may be as easy as just a reinstall of the application.  The blind transfer issue that you are speaking about sounds as if the "call reverting" is turned on.  In the client, go to Options/Preferences/Advanced, I would try to set that to "No Calls" to see if that resolves your blind transfer issue.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

The simple reinstall didn't do it. Full Control didn't do it either.   I'll check the UAC for the one client.  Regarding the Blind Transfer, I'll check the Call Reverting feature.  Not sure why it would install differently on different machines.

How many service devices (CTI Ports) do you have configured for the handling of transferring calls (and other functions)?  Are the attcfg and attlog databases good on size? I have seen the issue you speak of happen sporadically when (in my case) the logging DB is very low on space.  If this is the case for you, purging of the appropriate DB may have to be performed.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Please check if there are any differences in UAC on the machines. The install guide recommends that you switch off UAC.

On the transfer issue, do you mean that it doesn't work at all when blind transferring and just goes into the "held calls" window?

I'll check the UAC, that sounds like the issue.  As far as Blind Transfers go, it goes into Held Calls and then rings back at the reception phone.  The only way to transfer it successfully is from the phone itself.

Do consult transfers work? As Tony suggested, try changing the option in the operator console to "No Calls" and trying a blind transfer. If this works, then you could have a possible issue with your CTI ports. If you select No Calls, the call will effectively transfer right away, the operator will drop out of the call, and no CTI port will be involved in the transfer. What you lose, is the ability to retrieve calls that aren't answered at the destination etc, but if you are using voicemail, this may not be important. Try it as a test anyway.

Also, check the CUEAC application user and make sure it has the correct permissions and has control of the phone / user profile for the phone, though I would assume this is all correct if you have upgraded from 8 and it was working before.

The receptionists don't typically do much of anything other than blind transfers, but I'll inquire. Would an issue with CTI ports only affect one client?  Client 1 uses ext 1100, and client 2 uses ext 1110.  In looking atthe Phone configurations for the two lines, I see some differences that I need to investigate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: