Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC - CallManager Resilience

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Does anyone know what level of CallManager resilience CUEAC supports?

I have an installation where I have configured a secondary TSP server, and it works OK should the primary CM go down. However, in CUCM Connectivity in WebAdmin we specify a single CM (the publisher) for AXL connectivity. This seems to be used to track the extension number supplied at logon to a SEPxxx device name, so if the pub is down, a user cannot login if they log out for whatever reason.

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Aaron,

This is open as an enhancment to the product, hopefully we will see this available in a new release shortly.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Aaron,

This is open as an enhancment to the product, hopefully we will see this available in a new release shortly.

Thanks Jamie

So in other words - no resilience of the CUEAC server, and no ability to leverage the resilience of the back-end CallManager system :-)

But one day...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Jamie,

There is some sort of resilience. In tsp configuration, you can point to second CTI server.

Cheers.

Jason Du

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Quoting my original post.. I'm aware of the ability add a secondary TSP, but this gives a half working system:

I have an installation where I have configured a secondary TSP server, and it works OK should the primary CM go down. However, in CUCM Connectivity in WebAdmin we specify a single CM (the publisher) for AXL connectivity. This seems to be used to track the extension number supplied at logon to a SEPxxx device name, so if the pub is down, a user cannot login if they log out for whatever reason.

Aaron

Jason Du
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron,

The AXL account is for creating CTO devices in CUCM when you first time setup cueac server, and syncing contacts from CUCM.

Also you don't have to create second tsp server. You only need to set backup cti Manager in the tsp configuration.

Thanks

Jason

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Jason

Come back when you've tried it - without the AXL server running you can't log in.

Yes, AXL is used for configuration but it is also used for retrieving information about phones/DNs from CUCM - and this seems to include resolving the DN used by the operator to the device to control via CTI.

I use the term 'secondary TSP server' to mean configuration of a second/backup CM IP in the single instance TSP configuration. As I said in my original post I have tested it and the TSP configuration is not an issue.

Unless you are telling me there is a version with this fixed available?

Regards

Aaron