cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC Directory empty and search greyed out

smolz
Level 4
Level 4

I have set up an eval of CUEAC for a customer and connected it to CUCM.  When I login with a user the "Full Directory" is empty??  I have looked in the ldap log file and i see what appears to be all of the users in there? 

I have tried deleting all of the directory rules and stop/start the LDAP service.

Looking for any help as to why the directory is empty?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, in the LDAP log do you see an update success status or an update failure status?

Do your End Users in CUCM have a Telephone Number configured?

Have you tried installaing the client on the server to see if you can see the directory? It is not supported to use the client on the server but you could use this to test to see if it is working and is a connectivity issue from the client pc?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jose Mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Try with a direct. rule using the userid and equals/approx and "*"

Also make sure you have enabled directory sinchronization, its a tick box on one of the pages (I don't remember the option name)

Are the CTI ports registered already?

Added that and still nothing. Directory sync is enabled and the ports are registered.

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

If the seach fields are grayed out then this means the client is failing to connect to SQL, this could be caused by a few things:

1. Ensure that the client can resolve the CUEAC Servers hostname, if it cannot then add it to DNS or the local host file

2. If it is not number 1, then ensure access is granted through the firewall on the PC and Server for port 1433 and 1434.

Looking at the interface, the only thing that is greyed out is the small magnifying glass next to the search field.  the boxes themselves are fine and i can type in them.  I see at the bottom of th interace that it reads "Database Connected"  and if I type a name in one of the fields I see this change to searching for a split second.

In this case the directory must be empty.

Can you post what you have done as your configuration?

Include any Rules, Field Mappings etc...

Under Directory Synchronization:

Checked "enable contact synchronization"

Auto, both are checked and there is a schedule

Now, as i stated earlier i can see what looks like all of the contacts in the ldaptrace log file

I haven't changed anything in the field mappings, they are what was in there.  There are 13 of them in there.

Under directory rules there are none.

Thanks, in the LDAP log do you see an update success status or an update failure status?

Do your End Users in CUCM have a Telephone Number configured?

Have you tried installaing the client on the server to see if you can see the directory? It is not supported to use the client on the server but you could use this to test to see if it is working and is a connectivity issue from the client pc?

Installed on server and I see the same thing.  I dont know exactly what I am looking for in the log that would show success?

If you look in the SSLog you will see a status, it will show one of the following against a contact:

- Updated     Success

- Inserted     Sucess

- Updated     Failure

- Inserted     Failure

You may also see some different status's in there as well.

If your LDAP import is working you should see Sucess as your status.

Also, can you confirm that all your End User's have a TelephoneNumber set in CUCM.

Worked with TAC and found one user with an 'é' that cueac doesnt like?  also one user without a number.  created a rule that matched on the extensions and everything started showing up.

Now, in the SSLog I dont see what you were talking about, this is what I see?

Cisco Unified Enterprise Attendant LDAP Plug-in, Machine CUEAC, Build 8.6.2.123

CONTACT_UNIQUE_REF     CONTACT_TYPE     FIRST_NAME     LAST_NAME     PRIMARY_EXTENSION     BUSINESS_NUMBER     AMENDMENT     RESPONSE     SOURE_UNIQUE_REF

8/3/2012 9:42:00.149          [Synchronization Start AT:8/3/2012 9:42:00.149] "[MUsage: MU:12052,MPU:12052,VMU:7436,VMPU:7444,PPU:105,NPPU:10]" EXS000001

8/3/2012 11:01:18.357          [Synchronization End   AT:8/3/2012 11:01:18.357] "[MUsage: MU:12096,MPU:12104,VMU:7408,VMPU:7468,PPU:105,NPPU:9]" EXS000001

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: