Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC Installation gets Error 1720

Kenjie-San
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i tired to install the CUEAS 8.6.1.9 Trial on a Microsoft Server, but i allways get the error 1720 during installation.

Here my installation steps:

microsoft windows 2003 (32bit) on server and VM Vsphere 4.x

+ language german

+ all microsoft updates

+ IIS

+ asp.net

+ ms sql server express 2005

+ microsoft installer 4.5

+ dotnet 3.5 SP1

- Remote access conection manager service

- user account control

=> ends during installation with error 1720

microsoft windows 2008 (32bit) on VM Vsphere 4.x

+ language german + microsoft en-us language pack

+ microsoft SP2

+ IIS

+ asp.net

+ dotnet framework

+ vnc

- Remote access conection manager service

- user account control

=> installation installs dotnet framework 3.5 SP1 and microsoft installer 4.5, but ends with error 1720

any ideas? i downloaded the cueac 8.6.1.9 in the last two days two times..

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenjie,

Have a look at this excellent thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3441734#3441734

Cheers!

Rob

Hi,

thank you for your help and mentioned link.

I managed to install the cueac 8.0.0.5 on our VMware Vsphere 4.x with the cisco vm template. The VMware is not installed on a cisco device, that is true, but i could not install cueac 8.6.1.9 on a Windows Server 2003 on a physical machine either.

On Windows 2003 Server the SQL 2008 Express was not installed properly by cueac 8.6.1.9, i had a view under installed software, their was only one point "sql 2008 tools and help.." (or something like that). After that i tried to install cueac 8.0.0.5, but the sql database wizzard could not connect; error "unable to connect to server". So i tried to install SQL 2008 Express manually, but their was an error during the checklist. i believ the msi had a problem with sql installation on both systems, because it could install one or more times other necessary applications.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: