Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC Migration from Physical to VMWare

I'm looking for a procedure guide to migrate a CUEAC server from physical to virtual and can't find one.  Does it exist and if so where?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have had to do this in the past with my CUEAC environment and with no documented procedure to backup the CUEAC application, I did the following - 

Take a full backup of your SQL database on your physical server.

Take note of all of the CUEAC specific settings, queue names, device numbers, operator names, and etc

Shutdown the physical CUEAC server 

Bring up you virtual server using the same computer name and same IP address as your physical. 

Install the same CUEAC version using the standard installation procedures onto the virtual

Restore the SQL database you backed up from the physical box to the virtual via the SQL management GUI

Configure your CUEAC settings and do the appropriate CUCM and directory sync's

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

I have had to do this in the past with my CUEAC environment and with no documented procedure to backup the CUEAC application, I did the following - 

Take a full backup of your SQL database on your physical server.

Take note of all of the CUEAC specific settings, queue names, device numbers, operator names, and etc

Shutdown the physical CUEAC server 

Bring up you virtual server using the same computer name and same IP address as your physical. 

Install the same CUEAC version using the standard installation procedures onto the virtual

Restore the SQL database you backed up from the physical box to the virtual via the SQL management GUI

Configure your CUEAC settings and do the appropriate CUCM and directory sync's

Thanks,
Tony

Please rate helpful posts!

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks,
Tony

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: