Views
Helpful
Replies

CUOM, cannot get VGs registration information of NAT-ted VGs

leorob123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all!

I have a little issue about VGs and CCMs monitored by CUOM 2.1.

These devices are natted by a FW and CUOM see all devices in monitored state.

This mean that all SNMP and AXL/Soap query, get back a successfull response.

but...

In Service Level View map I see all VGs, disconnected from CCMs (I attached a gif).

Indfact, if I perform a Performance graph (after enabled it), a registration error poup-up appear (attached gif).

So, I read that I have to put also real IP address og VGs.

I suppose..

Maybe during Performace action, CUOM get information also from CCMs, to see if VGs IP address was registered, but this IP address is the natted Ip which is not registered to CCMs.

How I can solve this issue

Any help would be a lot appreciate.

Thanks

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That's correct. Also, look at the release notes for CUOM 2.1. Following is something interesting:

CSCsm59818

Operations Manager does not recognize gateways as MGPC devices when dial control is not needed.

You cannot create performance graphs in Operations Manager for Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) voice gateways. The performance graphing option does not appear in the right-click menu in the Service Level View for the device.

This occurs when the device is configured using the new MGCP configuration, for example with PRI Backhaul or SS7 Signaling where dial peers do not need to be configured.

Workaround: Upgrade the gateway to Cisco IOS version 12.4(17a) or higher, then rediscover the device in Operations Manager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/2.1/release/notes/OM_RN21.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

animeshpatel
Level 1
Level 1

I came across similar problem, however this was resolved after I removed the VGs & added them back with the IP address of the interface that is bound to MGCP. not the loopback or any other. Also, rediscover the CCM after this & you will see performance stats.

Thanks,

Then, you say that I have to remove all VGs, and add them again with the IP address bound to the CCM?

After I have to rediscover again the CCMs?

Right?

Leonardo

That's correct. Also, look at the release notes for CUOM 2.1. Following is something interesting:

CSCsm59818

Operations Manager does not recognize gateways as MGPC devices when dial control is not needed.

You cannot create performance graphs in Operations Manager for Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) voice gateways. The performance graphing option does not appear in the right-click menu in the Service Level View for the device.

This occurs when the device is configured using the new MGCP configuration, for example with PRI Backhaul or SS7 Signaling where dial peers do not need to be configured.

Workaround: Upgrade the gateway to Cisco IOS version 12.4(17a) or higher, then rediscover the device in Operations Manager.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_unified_operations_manager/2.1/release/notes/OM_RN21.html

sounds good!

Thanks a lot.

Leonardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: