Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 10.0.1 and Postgres 9.1.1 compliance server

ssparkes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Has anyone out there actually managed to get an external WINDOWs based PostgreSQL 9.1.1 database working with a CUP 10.x cluster for compliance reasons?  I have tried to follow the instructions in the Database Setup for IM and Presence Service on Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 10.0 doc but most of the instruction relates to Linux.  My database attaches ok and its updates the schema, ie i can see all the new tables but no IMP chat information is being written to the database - most likely a config issue but i'm interested to know if anyone has actually got this thing working.  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to make sure you get the data written here is what you will need to check;

Browse to;

<installdir>\postgressql\9.1\data\ and open the file postgressql.conf and make sure that "#" is removed from the following options and they are set to "off";

escape_string_warning = off

standard_conforming_strings = off

-> Once you remove the "#" and restart the postgres service from start\run\ service.msc option; we will be able to get the data populated in the JM table.

Please rate if this helps.

- Amit

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order to make sure you get the data written here is what you will need to check;

Browse to;

<installdir>\postgressql\9.1\data\ and open the file postgressql.conf and make sure that "#" is removed from the following options and they are set to "off";

escape_string_warning = off

standard_conforming_strings = off

-> Once you remove the "#" and restart the postgres service from start\run\ service.msc option; we will be able to get the data populated in the JM table.

Please rate if this helps.

- Amit

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the feedback and providing a fantastic set of instructions!

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-presence-version-80/117735-cups-postgres-00.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: