Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 8.6 Intra-domain federation

kamil.bockay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anybody know, how is the intradomain federation with lync working in CUP 8.6 ?

I have found only the optionto turn on "Enable Partitioned Intra-domain Federation with LCS/OCS"

and the to choose basic or advanced routing.

Is anything else neccessary to set up ? Maybe something in routing section?

I was not able to found something about this feature yet.

Thanks,

Kamil

13 Replies 13

Paul O'Dwyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Kamil,

The Intra-Domain federation feature is being developed for CUP 8.6 at the moment, and is in use at various early adopter sites. It is tested against LCS/OCS and OCS R2. The feature, along with the configuration guides, will be available once CUP 8.6 is released. Lync is not yet supported.

Hope this helps,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reply. I have a beta version of 8.6 and i'd like to test this intra-domain federation as we have a business request for such a feature.

That's why I'm looking for it and I'm wondering if anyone tested this yet or at least have a clue, how this feature should work.

Regards

Kamil

Sure, we will support (and have tested) Intra-Domain federation with LCS or OCS R2 with CUP 8.6. We dont support Intra-Domain Federation with Lync in CUP 8.6.

I can provide you with the Intra-Domain federation config guide. Bare in mind that these docs are still under review.

Paul

kamil.bockay
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Paul.

If you can provide me this document it will be great.

Any idea when intra-domain federation with Lync will be supported?

Regards

Kamil

Sure, if you can send on your email address, I'll pass the doc.

Once the Intra-Domain Federation feature and migration tools have been finalised in 8.6, Lync support may come in CUP 9.0, but it has not yet been finalised.

Hello,

For training purpose, I'd like to setup a lab for our students with:

-Direct sip trunking for voice call (which is simpler in Lync2010 with the media bypass feature)

and also

-Partitioned Intradomain Federation between CUPC and lync users.

Is Partitioned Intradomain Federation is not supported with Lync or simply doesn't work at all?

You've talked about a future CUP release which could provide this support.

Any updated information related to this support would be appreciated () (is it commited ? , targeted in 2012 etc..)

Regards.

Renaud

Does anyone have updates on intradomain federation between CUPS and Lync?  Is it supported yet?

Thanks!

Partitioned Intra-Domain federation with Lync will be supported in both CUP 8.6X and 9.X code trains.

CUP 8.6(4) SU release should be available mid-October. 

9.1 with Lync partitioned intra-domain federation will be available in Decemeber.

Paul

Great. Thanks Paul

Is there are step by step guide to implement partitioned intra-domain federation between Lync CUP?

As partioned intra domain only current support OCS (cf previous post):

For OCS/CUPS configuration :

"Integration Guide for Configuring Partitioned Intradomain Federation for cups"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/integration_notes/Federation/Intradomain_Federation/Workflows_chapter.html