Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP and Lync interdomain Federation, Presence Issue on Lync side

Dear Community,

I've successfully federated CUP Server with Lync 2010 via direct federation. Both Jabber and lync can see each others presence status and can send messages to each other.

Unfortunately, there is one big issue: After a while, lync clients losing the presence information of the jabber clients. Lync says "presence unknown".

After a double-click on the contact, the presence status changes several times between "online" and "presence unknown" and finally stays at "online". After 5 or 10 minutes, the presence status changes back to "unknown presence status". This issue only happens on lync-side with jabber clients. The presence status on the other side (on jabber client, presence status of lync users) is always correct.

I already found this document: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/interdomain_federation/9_1_1/CUP0_BK_IB27169E_00_interdomain-federation-integration-guide-9_1_1_chapter_01110.html#CUP0_RF_L485A250_00

but this is just in assouciation with lync edge server. I do not use it, I have a direct federation. Second point is, I am always able to send and receive messages, just the presence status is not working correctly.

Any thoughts?

Best regards,

Alex

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Per Microsoft, installing the XMPP service on the Front end service is not supported, an Edge server is required. Not sure if that helps but thought I would mention.

Please rate useful posts.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George,

thanks for your answer. Maybe I missed it to mention in my main post, the federation is done via the SIP proxy on CUP side.

On Lync side there are just the static route for my CUP domain and the trusted host entries.

Hi Alex,

I have the Lync 2010 server control panel N/A status for the Intra domain federation with IM Presence 9.1.(1). Please find the attached screen shot & hep me in getting the Lync & Jabber clients to communicate.

Thanks,

Jayadurai.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: