Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.1.1 automate the installation

dmaillard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I already successfull install cupc in my environment on the client WS. I'm using the msi windows package tool to do it.

My question is:

is it possible to automatically give the cups address during the installation to avoid that the users have to do it themself ?

Regards,

Dom.

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In CUPC 7 that information is stored in an XML file on the PC. You could seed this file during a login script perhaps if it doesn't already exist.

Search the form as we've covered this before.

Hi Jonathan,

I have a look at the file uclocal.xml and it contains the account and the cups information. How can I insert that file with my parameter automatically during

the cupc installation ? I just want that the user have to insert the password and nothing else.

Regards,

Dominique

Hi

The uclocal.xml file is a per user config file, it's located in the users' %userprofile%\something\something directory.

This means that you probably don't want to insert it at install time - as at that point you aren't guaranteed that you know who will use that PC (there may be multiple users, and a new user may log on next week). This means you need to deploy the file at logon like so:

1) Check if it exists for the logging in user

2) If not, copy the default file in (before CUPC is launched, or it will auto generate a blank).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi all,

thanks for your replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: