Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 7.1 Users cannot access softphone

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All..

Users can sign into CUPC but just cannot select their softphone.  One has been created in CUCM, primary lines associated are the same for the user and the UPC device.  When you go to 'show server health' softphone simply says 'not registered' and under tftp it has the IP address of  CUCM but nothing else.  It's not getting it's .cnf.xml file

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1) The device name needs to follow naming convention UPCUSERNAME (all capital case).

2) The DN configured on the UPCUSERNAME needs to match CUCM > User Management > End User > Primary Extension.

3) Test TFTP with command "tftp -i my-cucm-addresss get UPCUSERNAME.cnf.xml"

... and 4) Get a copy of "Deploying Cisco Unified Presence"

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hey Micheal!

After triple checking the username guess what.....it was the userid.  Some of the users had FIRSTLAST as their ID and some had a different combination.  I noticed this late yesterday and didn't have a chance to get back here to mark this as answered.

On a separate note, I ordered the book through amazon months ago but they were still shipping the old version (orange cover).....are they now shipping the new version?  I supposed I could just go through lulu, I was just trying to take advantage of some free shipping amazon had offered.

Thank you for your time,

Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: