I'm using CUPS 7.0 with CUCM 7.1.3 . I want to configure the Desk phone for the CUPC.
Other then this rest all the features are working fine with CUPC like IM,softphone.
what all are the configurations we have to check & configure to activate Deskphone.
In CUPC show server health status it showing not connected.
In my scenario there is no LDAP integration.
1) Is it mean that without LDAP integration desk phone is not possible ? What are all the conditions LDAP is must ?
2) Is it possible to integrate CCM DC directory as a LDAP in CUPS ?
The previous poster is right on the mark, what you have to do is the following
Taken out of the link provided:
Complete these steps:
Go to User Management > End User in order to verify that the user logged in is a member of the Standard CTI Enabled group in CUCM.
Go to User Management > End User and verify the Device Association.
This verifies that the user device is associated with their CUCM user profile.
Go to Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > User Settings in order to verify that the device is the Preferred CTI Device in CUPS.
Go to User Management > End User in order to verify that the CUCM user has a primary extension specified.
The DN of the device you are trying to control must be specified in that user's Active Directory (AD) profile under Telephone Number.
With CUP 6.0 and CUPC 1.2, specify the TFTP server address of the CUCM under Cisco Unified Presence - Settings.
Ensure that the DNS server the PC uses can resolve the fully qualified name of the CUPS server.
The host entry does not suffice, you must resolve via DNS.
However if you don't have an AD then don't worry about that step.
Desktop control will instead authenticate against the Call Manager which it knows how to do as you have already configured the AXL enable user for this purpose.
All the options are configured already.
1) device is associated with user
2) primary extension configured
3) user is member of standard cti group
4) TFTP address is configured ( CUPC softphone is working , In server health status download phone config is green)
Only thing we missed that desk phone didn't configured for Digest user.
soft phone also didn't work without the digest user. even we configured Incoming ACL for "ALL" & disable the authentication status parameter in the CUPS service parameter.
It'd be better to understand how each feature works (see http://www.lulu.com/content/5552336).
1) device is associated with user <-- Required by Desk Phone feature
2) primary extension configured <-- Required by Desk Phone feature
3) user is member of standard cti group <-- Required by Desk Phone feature
4) TFTP address is configured <-- NOT required by Desk Phone feature
Only thing we missed that desk phone didn't configured for Digest user <-- NOT required by Desk Phone feature
soft phone also didn't work without the digest user <-- Of course, soft phone is a SIP phone. CUCM require Digest Authentication for SIP.
even we configured Incoming ACL for "ALL" & disable the authentication status parameter in the CUPS service parameter <--Those parameters only control the SIP Digestion Authentication on CUPS. They don't control the SIP on CUCM.