Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.0(3) won't start properly using Win7 Home 64bit

Afternoon,

CUPC won't start on Windows Home Premiem 64Bit. It launches the application but fails to provide a login prompt. The 2 relevant processes (CUCSF.exe and CUPC.exe) seem to be running. Eventually CUPC closes itself.

Have tried multiple version of CUPC 8.0 but to no avail. I have tried to run the application in Win XP compatibility mode and win safe mode, but still no joy.  Does CUPC require a specific version of java? Do i need to ensure certain services are running? Is it possible a windows update needs to be added or removed?

I also turned off all my security and it still won't start.

I have no problems running the software on XP (SP3) and Win 7 32bit.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks, Jamie Weatherhead

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

CUPC 8 does not officially suppport Win 7 Home (x64). It only suppports "Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate, 32-bit or 64-bit"

Source: Release Note: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/8_0/english/release/notes/cupc80.html#wp245028

Also as a side note - there are, besides the above, specifice requirements for .Net 3.5 SP1 and C++ 2005 version 8.0.59193 or later on the client machine (.exe should automatically install them, but good to check)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

CUPC 8 does not officially suppport Win 7 Home (x64). It only suppports "Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate, 32-bit or 64-bit"

Source: Release Note: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/8_0/english/release/notes/cupc80.html#wp245028

Also as a side note - there are, besides the above, specifice requirements for .Net 3.5 SP1 and C++ 2005 version 8.0.59193 or later on the client machine (.exe should automatically install them, but good to check)

Thanks Hasan,

Thought as much. Hopefully another release of CUPC will provide support.

Regards,

Jamie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: