Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cupc 8.5.1 login fail

Hi All,

I have CUCM 8.0.3 cluster and installing CUPS 8.5.2 which I need to configure for Instant Messaging functionality only. As a client software the customer is planning to use CUPC, so I am testing CUPC 8.5.1 for him. I have installed CUPS and configured integration between CUCM and CUPS. Now I am trying to login to CUPC but can not do this - I receive back Login Fail message. I am definitly trying to contact CUPS because I can see in CUPS that the particular user is using CUPC as a client. I can also see that the username-password pair is verified - if I change the password to the incorrect one the error message changes to Invalid Username or Password. We do not use LDAP integration so the authentication is done against CUCM End-User credentials. I can login to CUPS ccmuser webpage all right with the creadentials, but can not login into CUPC. It looks like something is missing in the configuration but I can not work out what. Any advice will be gladly appreciated!

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the following services activated:

XCP Authentication Service
XCP Connection Manager

Pierre.

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the following services activated:

XCP Authentication Service
XCP Connection Manager

Pierre.

Hi,

Yes, I have all services started and running.

Alex.

Hi,

Sorry, I was incorrect in my previous comment. These two services are activated but not running. Actually non of XCP services are running though all of them are activated. I have tried to start them manually again and failed - they do not start for some reason.

Alex.

Hi, yes, it was these two services! The only problem was, they did not want to start. I have spent a couple of hours with Cisco TAC making traces and performing services start / restart before we have got it fixed. Thanks for your help!

Dear All,

I have the same problem as mentioned by Alexander. My CUPC version is 8.5.1, CUPS is 8.5.3 and CUCM is 8.0.3.

I have both these Services Activated and Started but still we're unable to log in and getting error "Login Faile, Please try again later". I can login in to CUPC version 7.0 but can not login in to 8.5.1.

Any help would be highly appreciable.

Regards,

Amit.

HI Guys

I am also having same problem , can you please advise how to fix this,

Using 8.5 CUP anc CUPC.

Not able to start the below services.

Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection ManagerNot RunningActivated

Cisco UP XCP Message ArchiverNot RunningActivated

Cisco UP XCP Directory ServiceNot Running Activated

Advance Thanks

SS

I am also facing same issue. Can any one tell me what could be the issue.

All services up except this 3

Cisco UP XCP Directory Service[STOPPED]  Component is not running

Cisco UP XCP Message Archiver[STOPPED]  Component is not running

Cisco UP XCP XMPP Federation Connection Manager[STOPPED]  Component is not running

samhopealpha
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also got the same issue, is there any advice?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi All

8/10 times this is a DNS issue.

If you are specifying the IP address of the CUPS server in the CUPC client, the initial message exhange with the server tells the client the hostname of the server, and it then attempts to connect to that hostname.

Ensure the hostname of the server is resolvable in DNS, or add it to your hosts file for a quick test.

If that fails, post up your core log file from C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Client Services Framework\Logs

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

WOW! thanks !!! After I modify the hosts file, the CUPC works great ~!

Good stuff!

Bear in mind that it is a temporary fix - CUPS really needs to have DNS set up properly to work smoothly, especially if you want things to be resilience (i.e .the trunk between CUPS and CUCM, auto server location, etc etc.).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello Aaron, I have an issue with CUPC 7, "login failed. Make sure your username and password are correct". I already run the troubleshooter diagnostic on CUPS and everything is green checked, also the CUCM Publisher Configuration and everything is successful and connected, green check too.

I have already reset the Tomcat service, actually the whole server but still got the same error.

I downloaed the logs from CUPC and found this:

2012-02-13 16:55:52,492 [0x000021e8] ERROR LCMiddleware - (MWMSG_EIM_SOAPLOGINFAILED) Failed to log in to SOAP server https://10.32.13.3/EPASSoap/service, The username/password entered is invalid.

2012-02-13 16:55:52,493 [0x000021e8] DEBUG LCConnection - CUPS_CONFIG setReason(): [REFUSED] --> [INVALID_CREDENTIALS]

My credetentials are fine, I already got login in CUPS user web page and CUCM user webpage.

I have downloaded the

Cisco UP Client Profile Agent" logs and "Cisco Tomcat Security" logs 

but I can't find anything.

please any help ??

Presence  7.0.5.10000-18

CUCM  7.1.3.10000-11

Santiago

Don't just add your question on to every CUP related post on the forum. Raise your own.

Aaron

hi i do have an same issue how to change the host file??