cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.5 Device Registration Status Unknown in CUCM 8

Bo Gao
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CUCM 8.03, CUPS 8, and CUPC 8.5.  I have added CUPC into CUCM using Cisco Unified Client Services Framework as Device Type and CSF<NAME> as device name.  I can log in CUPC and the problem was even if I am logged in, Device Status and IP Address in CUCM was showing “Unknown”.

Has anyone run into this before?  Any help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bo,

Do you have the csf device under the controlled devices in the end user page in callmanager admin pages?

Have you configured the primary extension on the same page ?

Is the device name CSF ?

When you login to CUPC can you open the dialpad and make calls ? (maybe callmanager is reporting wrong status)

Let me know if the above help

Christos

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi Bo,

Do you have the csf device under the controlled devices in the end user page in callmanager admin pages?

Have you configured the primary extension on the same page ?

Is the device name CSF ?

When you login to CUPC can you open the dialpad and make calls ? (maybe callmanager is reporting wrong status)

Let me know if the above help

Christos

Ensure that "Use my deskphone for audio" is not checked.  While checked, CUPC is in deskphone mode and, as a result, will not register as a softphone.

If you uncheck it, it will at least attempt to register in softphone mode.  If it's still not working, have a look in CUPC under Help -> Show Server Health and let us know what comes up in Phone on computer

Just to note, if CUCM is reporting Unknown/Unknown for both fields, it means that the CSF device has never registered.  If you get Unregistered/ it will mean it has registered successfully at least once.

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

You can also try downloading the config file CSF.cnf.xml on your PC by executing the following command on your command prompt

tftp -i GET CSF.cnf.xml . Make sure the TFTP client is running on your PC.

Regards

Nitesh

Bo Gao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for your help!

MS Office 2010 was in the way for CUCM to detect the devices.  When users switch to Office 2007 and CUPC will show registered to CUCM. We are still looking for ways to get CUPC integrated with Office 2010 and show register status in the CUCM.

Bo

Case update:

We had to uninstall CUPC 8.5, flushing out all UserData and registry settings.  Re-installed CUPC 8.5, and now they are shown as registered.

Thank you for your help!

Bo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: