cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8 not shoing status in Outlook 2010

grahammarkj
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to be limited to a single PC that had an installation of Personal Communicator 7 installed.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling CUPC8 and outlook 2010 w/ no success.  Next to the name in outlook, there is a square box (not circle like normal) and says 'Presence Unknown'.

Any help would be great,

-Mark

5 Replies 5

andorra431
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem, it worked with outlook 2007 but since the upgrade

to outlook 2010, I get only square boxes.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the personnal communicator without success.

Travis Cassell
Level 1
Level 1

You need to use the ADSIEdit tool to set the proxyAddress in AD.

Enabling Availability Status for Microsoft Office 2010 Users

To enable the availability status feature of Cisco Unified Personal Communicator to work with the supported Microsoft Office 2010 applications, the administrator must configure an attribute in Microsoft Active Directory.

Procedure

Step 1 Start the ADSIEdit administrative tool.

Step 2 Expand the domain that contains your users.

Step 3 Open the organizational unit (OU) that contains your users.

Step 4 Add a new value to the proxyAddresses attribute. For example, add `SIP:johndoe@cisco.com'.

Give this a try and let me us know if it works.

T

Does it have to be "@cisco.com" or can they use their domain? Do you have to do for every office 2010 user or is an OU attribute?

It is supposed to be their email address so no it doesn't have to be @cisco.com

You will need this for all users you want to see the status

dana.tong
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I have a customer who is part of a merger. The customer has two domains now. Cisco UC apps are on one domain, and all of the Exchange 2010 email accounts are on the other domain. Does the proxyAddresses attribute need to match the domain of Presence server? Or that of their email accounts?

I am suspecting it should match the domain of the presence server but am not certain.

Thanks

Dana

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: