Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8 transfer to Remote Destination

Lukas Auer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have two CUPS 8 / CUPC 8 installations. They are both completely independent of eachother (belonging to different customers).

Both customers use the same CUPC client which is v8.0.171.15962 and CSF version is 8.1(4)-3.14.4,

and both customers use the same CUPS version which is v8.0.4.10000-5.

Now during an active call CUPC at customer A gives me the option to transfer the active call to my remote destination (by opening the menu of the active call window and choosing transfer to > remote destination.

CUPC at customer B does not give me the option but only shows transfer to > contact. The 'remote destination' options is entirly missing in the menu.

Any ideas on what I have to tweak so that the remote destination option appears?

The users at both sites are somewhat similar configured. The only differences I can think of is that customer A has a Mobile Communicator device with a mobile identity (CUMA installation) and customer B has a Remote Destination Profile with a remote destination instead.

lukas

2 Replies 2

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Please check if they are both using the same phone mode (deskphone /softphone). Check if the user have

- Remote Destination

- Remote Destinatio Profile

- Softkey Template is configured right for the phone

- User is associated with DN.

Thanks

Hi,

thanks a lot, "the same phone mode" was the keyword! I tested this again with both phone modes and the result is:

- if the callee is in softphone mode, there is an option "transfer to remote destination"

- if the callee is in deskphone mode, there is no such option however (same user, same configuration, just unchecked the checkbox "use my Cisco 8961 for audio")

Thinking about it, this could work as designed!? If the user is in deskphone mode, he will be sitting right next to his phone while he is on a call. So in this mode he can use the Mobility button on his phone to handoff the call to the remote destination.

Still, I would have added the option to CUPC also while in deskphone mode, just for the sake of consistency and usability.

Thanks for your help!

lukas