cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8.x - Disable Incoming Call Popup Notification

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

I've had several reports of users who really hate the toast popup notifications when an incoming call is occuring. Specifically, it seems that calls from hunt groups to those users are getting overwhelming and they stack up on each other.

My question is-- how can I either a) disable the toast notifications (preferred) or b) prevent calls from hunt groups generating popups (without removing them from the hunt group, of course)?

8 Replies 8

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am assuming by "toast window" you mean the pop-up window that shows up when an incoming call arrives. If this is true, then it is not be possible to disable pop-up as that is a means to alert a user of an incoming call. However, if a user is desired to have only IM function (No phone call option on CUPC) that can be done.

Thanks

Yes, that's precisely what I mean.

You indicate I can use it in IM-only status, and that might be OK, but I don't want to lose click-to-call phone control either. So essentially, I'm looking for a compromise. If I can have click-to-call from CUPC and Outlook but disable "answering" calls from CUPC, that'd be ideal.

So when you say IM-only mode, can you please describe that and guide me on how to accomplish that? I'd like to know how much capability I actually lose that way.

Thanks for the response!

I'm sorry, but I don't think those are very helpful in this situation. I think I'm missing something though... perhaps misreading?

IM-only mode looks to be an ALL-USER solution which is definitely not what I want, and Desktop Agent Mode disables everything BUT call control but with no UI, so I'm not sure what the point of it is.

I'm a little annoyed that something so obvious as "don't show notification popups" isn't an option in the product. Every IM client has the ability to turn them off. If any feature in CUPC has a product enhancement request, this would be among the most obvious. For now, it definitely seems there's no solution for this issue which is disappointing. I don't want to cripple the product... just make it less obnoxious for my users during incoming calls.

Hi

As mentioned at the begining of the post, it is not possible to disable pop-up notification, which is required for an incoming call to show. I am not sure how would you want to show the incoming Phone Call - it needs to show alert of an incoming call. If the pop-up is not there the whole purpose of having to receive phone call on computer is out of the way. It is however, possible to disable pop-up for call if you just disable the users from having the option to have the telephone integration at all in which case it would act only as IM client. IM notification is totally different to incoming call notification which is normal for other IM Client. CUPC is not only an IM client but much more.

Thanks

You're right, it is much more than IM, and I'm not making a case to the contrary. However, the point I'm making is that my users don't want or need to be notified of incoming calls on the computer, because they answer it from the phone which is on their desk right next to them. HOWEVER, I don't want to disable call capability, because doing so means they can't click-to-call either.

It comes down to this... the users I have complaining about it are members of very active hunt groups. Incoming calls to those hunt groups display on-screen in very large popups that appear stack up on each other during heavy call volume and it prevents them from focusing on whatever application is on screen.

It's a nice feature, especially in softphone mode, but when you have a physical phone right next to you, it's incredibly obvious that the popup becomes redundant and in some cases intrusive.

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hello,

Does anyone know if there will be an option to Disable the pop-up notification for CUPC in deskphone mode in future releases?

Thanks

Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

I would suggest contacting Cisco Account Team or Sales team, as this will be treated as an Enhancement (most likely). They might be able to help out.

Thanks