Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC auto run & auto login

sujimansuadi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i wanna know is there any possibility for CUPC client to auto start every time the PC been logged in/ boot up?

i know we can change at the profile preferences, but it only for personal option. If i got 2000 clients, its impossible to change the preferences one by one.

so, is there any way to forcing the CUPC to auto run & login once the PC started?

Thanks,

Regards,

ss

2 Replies 2

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

After CUPC (considering CUPC 8.5) is installed there is no direct way to set to start CUPC when windows starts or auto login.

However, as a way around, you can try to modify the values here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Client Services Framework\Config\userData.properties

For example, auto start when windows starts is value - CcClient-AUTO_LOGIN_CHECKED=True

The file have other information that is very specific to account and the location of the file is different for different platform (i.e. Windows XP vs Windows 7... etc)

Please note, this is not officially supported and information is provided as-is.

Thanks

Thanks Md Hasan for your reply,

First of all, i can't find Cisco folder under Application Data, hence i can't test your workaround.

i wonder if Cisco can produce a script to be push by SCCM towards all the PC in the network.

Besides that, i didn't foreseen any other workaround.

Thanks,

ss