Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC Client Deskphone says Not Connected - Stopped

csawest.dc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi friends,

I have setup 2 CUPC clients, one of them connects to its deskphone correctly. However, I am having an issue with the other CUPC Client that cannot connect to its deskphone.

I have matched both the user configurations and ensured nothing is missing.

I get Not Connected - Stopped message whenever I attempt with this client. But it works for the other one at the same time.

Please advise. Thanks...

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

Is CUCM using Active Directory authentication?  If yes, try the following:

1) Go to CUCM Admin > System > LDAP > LDAP Authentication.  Change the port to Global Catalog (default is 3268, check with your AD admin).

2) Restart CTIManager on all CUCM boxes.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Hi Michael,

Thanks for responding. The issue however did get corrected as I moved from the test setup and associated the user with its correct Device.When I checked today it was getting connected rightly to its deskphone.

But, I am facing another problem. Appreciate if you could help here. I have a user whose AD username is about 18 characters in length that includes his first and last name. If I add a CUPC softphone for this user with the Device Name that starts with UPC and followed by its AD username, it gets rejected with the error.

Add failed. [491] The specified name has invalid characters or is not formatted correctly for this device type.

Looking at documentation, it seems that the Device Name can be 15 characters maximum. Is there a workaround here? Please suggest.

The CUPC Device name is limited to 15 characters, UPC+the first 12 charaters of the associated username.

For instance if the user_id is 'exampleuserabcdefg' then the device name on CUCM would be UPCEXAMPLEUSERA

I have the same issue with getting the error:

Add failed. [491] The specified name has invalid characters or is not formatted correctly for this device type.

and nothing I type in the Device Name* field is accepted.  Nothing at all.

Any Thoughts as would like to get this nailed.

Rgrds,

NeilW

[edit]

fixed it.

entered the Device Name* in the following format:

UPCUSERNAME

absolutely no doc i could see tells me it has to be in FULLCAPS for the Device Name*.

hope it helps somebody.

[/edit]

Message was edited by: Neil Wooloff edit for extra info

Gr8 Neil.... All caps worked for me.....